Your Next Indianapolis Mortgage Loan. Are You Ready?Posted by ICON Realty Team on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 at 9:59am.
You might see a house and feel that it is everything that you’ve ever wanted in your life. But have you asked yourself whether or not you’re ready to get your homeowner’s mortgage loan? Before you make an offer to get your home purchase mortgage loan, there are some vital factors that you should take into account. Failure to make regular and timely monthly payments on your mortgage loan may raise the possibility of seeking the help of a refinance home mortgage loan. Thus, getting a house beyond your affordability may get you into serious financial crunch in the long run. You can avoid such instances by considering the factors mentioned below. Read on to educate yourself so that you can end up taking a smart financial decision.
1. Shore up your credit before applying: As you know that you’re about to apply for a mortgage loan, it’s better that you shore up your credit and clean up your credit history as soon as possible. The mortgage industry is entirely based on your credit score. The better your score is, the better terms and conditions you can secure on your home loan. A few months before you start hunting for your home loan, make sure you start repairing your credit and fixing any errors that you discover.
2. Aim for a home within your affordability: The rule says that one must always buy a house that is within his affordability. No matter how much you’re tempted to getting a house that is beyond your means, succumb to such temptations and think about the long term effect before taking any decision. Use an online home affordability calculator to derive the amount that you can arrange on your monthly payments with the given income that you make each month. Don’t take a home loan and default on it, only to run for a refinance home mortgage loan in future.
3. Aim at putting down 20% of the loan amount: You must be aware that prospective homebuyers are required making a sufficient amount of down payment to qualify for a home loan. You also need to make sure that you can pay down 20% of the loan amount that you’re borrowing. If you’re not able to make the sufficient down payment, you’ll be subject to PMI or Private Mortgage Insurance where your monthly mortgage payments will go through an unnecessary hike. It is better that you save money religiously to make the exact down payment.
Getting a home purchase loan is a big responsibility as it involves a large amount of money. Taking a wise decision while getting a home loan, is a part of your financial responsibility. Taking out a home loan that doesn’t suit your financial needs may raise the possibility of taking out another refinance home mortgage loan. Avert the hassles of a refinance by taking the above mentioned points into consideration.
Hello and welcome to the Indianapolis Real Estate blog for ICON Realty Partners, LLC. We hope you enjoy our thoughts on relevant local and national real estate stories. We welcome anyone; buyers, sellers, journalists, or real estate professionals to share your thoughts by commenting below each entry.
The ICON Team
ICON Realty Partners, LLC
Indianapolis Real Estate
- mortgage qualification (6)
- va loans (6)
- qualifying for a mortgage (6)
- mortgage payments (6)
- 1st home (6)
- military service (6)
- debt to income ratio (6)
- home buyers (6)
- Indianapolis real estate (37)
- carmel real estate (24)
- fishers real estate (33)
- noblesville real estate (18)
- homes for sale (18)
- westfield real estate (14)
- noblesville real estate (18)
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!
Leave a Comment
Any investment involves risk, be it a shortsighted clothing purchase or auto financing – buy an ill-fitting garment and...5Comments Read More
Are you planning to purchase a home sometime in the near future? If so, it is important to have a clear idea of what things t...7Comments Read More
We're always on the lookout for talented real estate agents to join our growing team.Contact Us